The Cleveland Cavaliers will kickoff their four game home stand starting tonight against the New Orleans Pelicans. Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. Eastern on Fox Sports Ohio and ESPN.
Cavs head coach Ty Lue will be back tonight, sort of. He won’t be coaching the team, but he will be in attendance, per ESPN.
Cavaliers coach Ty Lue is planning to rejoin team vs. Pelicans in Cleveland today — as an observer, league sources tell ESPN. He won’t coach game. The plan will be to ease his way back into coaching over Cavs’ four-game homestand, sources said.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) March 30, 2018
Some quick notes on tonight’s game via Cavs.com game notes.
- Cavs have defeated the Pelicans three straight at The Q.
- Cavs will be at The Q for the final five out of the seven games left of the regular season. Cavs have won four straight at home.
- LeBron James has a chance to pass Michael Jordan for scoring double-figures in consecutive regular season games. James has tied Jordan at 866 games in a row.
- J.R. Smith (12,002 PTS) reached 12,000 points for his career at Charlotte Wednesday.
- Rodney Hood averaged 14.7 points (45.9 percent from the field and 46.7 percent from three) and 3.7 rebounds in 28.7 minutes during the Cavs three game road trip.
The Cavaliers last remaining games of the regular season are crucial for the team who are looking to lock up the third seed in the Eastern Conference. The Cavs are only a half game up on the Philadelphia 76ers and the Indiana Pacers.
Here are the possible starters for both teams and injuries via Cavs.com preview.
New Orleans Pelicans (43-32)
(G) Jrue Holiday, (G) Rajon Rondo, (F) E’Twaun Moore, (F) Anthony Davis, (C) Emeka Okafor.
Injuries — Rajon Rondo (TBD), Alexis Ajinca (OUT), DeMarcus Cousins (OUT) and Frank Jackson (OUT).
Cleveland Cavaliers (45-30)
(G) George Hill, (G) Rodney Hood, (F) LeBron James, (F) Jeff Green,(C) Tristan Thompson.
Injuries — Kevin Love (Questionable) and Kyle Korver (OUT).